Nevada driver’s license is another important document that assists a person to move around the state of Nevada without any difficulty. However, before you go ahead and directly apply for a driver’s license, you should have idea of how to apply for a Nevada driver’s license. In addition knowledge of documents required for Nevada driver’s license and driver’s license application form will be plus point.
To help you further in this article you would get to know how to change address in driver license of Nevada besides method to modify name in Nevada driver’s license. You can now continue reading to know more about this as getting Nevada’s driver’s license becomes a simple task if you have all the documents in place. Hence it is always advised to you that you get all your documents readied beforehand.
Apart from this there are different rules for different people so it is best if you continue reading this article as it helps you out with explanation of entire process of applying for a Nevada driver’s license.
Documents required for Nevada driver’s license
Proof of identity documents
- Valid and unexpired United States Passport or the United States Passport Card
- Original or a certified copy of birth certificate issued by the State
- Out – of – state driver’s license, identification card or instruction permit approved by the Department of Homeland Security
- Consular Report of Birth abroad
Documents that can be submitted for Nevada driver’s license proof of residence
On one hand you should submit proof of Nevada identity while on the other hand it is compulsory for you to submit 2 proof of residence in Nevada. Below given is the list of documents that work as a proof of Nevada residence –
- Public utility record from the past 60 days
- Current lease record where you are a lessee
- Last 60 days either bank or credit card statement
- 60 days employment check stub
- If any mortgage is there then you may submit its documents as well
- Recent tax records
- Or record of paid property tax
You must submit driver’s license issuing authorities a document that has social security number and this is again a compulsory step to be taken. For social security number you can refer your federal income tax return or Social Security Card or the employment pay stub.
For more information on documents required for Nevada’s driver’s license, you can click on following link to be directed to the official website of Department of Motor Vehicles, State of Nevada. And the official website link is – http://www.dmvnv.com/dlresidency.htm.
Get the right Nevada driver’s license application form
Once you have got all the documents then as the next step you must fill the correct driver’s license application form. In addition you should make sure of the fact that you fill all the correct details in the driver’s license application form before you attach all the required documents.
Therefore to download this form you click on following link – http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dmv002en.pdf. This link directly takes you to the website link of Department of Motor Vehicles, State of Nevada. In case you are looking for some other forms then you can get them as well by approaching the official website of State of Nevada, Department of Motor Vehicles. To reach this site, you can click on – http://dmvnv.com/dmvforms.htm as this is the official website link.
Important things to remember about Nevada’s driver’s license application process
Passing vision test as well as knowledge test would not entitle you to apply for a driver’s license in Nevada. It is so because you will have to get a permit as well. An individual will get this permit only after they provide proof of identity.
Moreover driver has to be at the least 15 and a half years of age. Another most important factor to be noted is that either a parent or a guardian has to sign the statement. This statement specifies that they have accepted proof of financial responsibility as well.
Nevada driver’s manual
Reading Nevada driver’s manual is important as it helps you in clearing the driver’s license test procedure. All you have to do is go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and click on Forms tab. The link to the official website is – http://dmvnv.com/dmvforms.htm.
Driver’s education course
In the next step you can attend driver’s education course which is of 30 hours. Apart from these 30 hours, you would be required to attend another 50 hours of on hands driving besides 10 hours driving experience in darkness. All of these classes are important and you can never skip them.
In case you are not sure as to where you can find professional driving school then you do not worry as you can check out different driving schools in the DMV website or you may directly contact DMV office at 775 – 684 – 448 – 30. Remember that you should carry Certificate of Completion of the driver’s education course along with the rest of the documents. It is so because this document is also very important like the other papers.
Fee for Nevada driver’s license
- $ 42. 25 is fee for applicants who are younger than 65 years
- $ 18. 25 is Nevada driver’s license fee for applicants who are 65 years or older than that (this driver’s license is valid for 4 years)
- However there is a different fee for the driver authorization card and it is $ 23. 25
- While for the written as well as driving test, the fee is $ 26
- In case you are opting for a re – test then the fee is stated to be $ 11
- As for the payment options, it can be in cash or by check, money order
- While facility is available for you to pay the required fee amount using a debit or a credit card as well
- Another important aspect to be kept in mind is that if you are under the age of 18 and are looking forward to applying for instruction permit then you have to follow some of the rules
- And here we are talking about rules wherein you should get Beginning Driver Experience Log from DMV
- You must fill this Log every time you decide you drive
How to get a Nevada driver’s license?
It is a simple process that you follow if you wish to get your driving license. To help you further in this aspect you can continue reading this article on how do I get Nevada driver’s license.
Steps to apply for Nevada driver’s license
- First find the DMV office
- Pay the required driver’s license fee to the authorities
- Third in row is the vision test
- In the next step you should pass written knowledge test
- This knowledge test is available in not only English but Spanish as well
- You would however have to schedule appointment in order to take driving skills test
Schedule appointment for Nevada driving skills test
- Go to the official website of Department of Motor Vehicles State of Nevada
- There you find Online Drive Test Scheduling link
- Click on this link and make the drive skills test appointment
- You can find another option to schedule this appointment and it is through telephone
- For more details on appointment scheduling you can go to official website of State of Nevada, Department of Motor Vehicles – http://www.dmvnv.com/dashpass.htm
At the driving skills test examiner inspects the car for safety, registration and insurance. Later you would be required to take your picture to be pasted on the driving license.
Time taken to get Nevada driver’s license
Generally you receive your Nevada driving license in mail in 10 business days from the time you have applied for this license. Apart from this when the applicant is under the age of 16, then you would receive instruction permit till the time you turn 16.
It is only after that you can apply for full Nevada’s driver’s license. Another and the most important point to be remembered is that if you wish to get interim document then you would have to pay another $ 3 as charges for having full driving privileges document.
Now that you are aware of what is the procedure to get a driving license of Nevada, it is better if you are also aware of the fact that there is option of renewing Nevada driver’s license. To help you further in this aspect we have listed out complete details of how will this be possible below. You can keep reading this article to learn more about it here.
How to renew Nevada driver’s license in person?
There are some most important rules that you must always keep in mind before going ahead and renewing your driver’s license. Below we listed out the steps through which you will have idea as to how to renew driver’s license in person in Nevada.
Steps for renewing Nevada driver’s license in person
- If you get a post card that informs you of renewing your driver’s license in person then you understand that there is no other way to renew your driver’s license
- There is also an option for you to renew your Nevada driving license early
- In addition you remember that if you are upgrading Real ID driver’s license then proof of identity and residency proof is to be submitted as well
Process for renewing Nevada driving license through kiosk
- The authorities provide another option for renewing driving license in Nevada
- As per this option, you would be able to renew your Nevada driver’s license at a kiosk
- In order to find this kiosk you can click on following link as it takes you directly to the official website – http://www.dmvnv.com/kiosk.htm#realid
- Another important aspect that you must keep in mind is that kiosks are going to charge $ 2 as processing fee apart from $ 1 for additional transactions
- You can pay this amount through cheque or debit and major credit cards
Steps to renew Nevada driver’s license by internet
- When you get a renewal notice and in case this notice has access code then you can directly go ahead and renew your driver’s license online
- It is so because this process is quite a simple one as well
- But you remember that you go to the official website of State of Nevada, Department of Motor Vehicles
- And to reach this website you click on – https://dmvapp.nv.gov/DMV/Application/DMVPortal/Pages/Default.aspx?https://dmvapp.nv.gov/dmv/dl/DL_Renewal/Pages/DLRenewalInput.aspx
- At this site you should first enter driver’s license number
- In the next step you enter renewal code
- As for the payment of driver’s license renewal fees, you can do that by making use of either credit card or eCheque
When renewing Nevada driver’s license online you must remember that online services shall be shut for about 2 hours every night. And these timings would be from midnight to 2 am.
Steps to renew your Nevada driver’s license by mail or through fax
- Renewing Nevada driver’s license through mail or fax is only possible when you cannot renew your license either through a kiosk or internet
- However for this you must fill an application for the Nevada driver’s license by mail
- To get this form you should go to the official website only
- And to get this website to download the form you can click on – http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dmv204.pdf
Points to remember
- Renewing by fax or mail is not possible two consecutive times
- However military members and the dependents of the military members are allowed to renew their driver’s license through this process
- It is also necessary for you to take vision test at an opticians or physicians or driver’s license issuing agency
- Moreover the person who is administering this vision test must sign the form besides reporting your vision correctly
- In most of the cases, inclusion of payment authorization slip is required
- To get this payment authorization slip you can click on following link to directly download the authorization slip – http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/vp205.pdf
If you are going to turn 71 years before your driver’s license expires then your physician must clearly state that you are fit to drive a vehicle. This test has to take place in 90 days from the day you submitted the application form. Therefore it is better that you read all the facts carefully before stepping across and applying for a driver’s license.
Finally for any information related to driver’s license and ID cards in Nevada, you can go to the official website of Department of Motor Vehicles, State of Nevada. And to go there you click on – http://www.dmvnv.com/nvdl.htm.
How to change address in Nevada driver’s license?
It is indeed important for you to make sure that the address has changed in your Nevada driver’s license if you have moved to a different street in Nevada or elsewhere in the state. Authorities give you a time limit of 30 days during which you should notify the Department of Motor Vehicles, State of Nevada about the address change in driver’s license.
Generally you are allowed to change the address by using options like online, fax, mail or in person. But when it is the case of CDL or the Commercial Driver’s license then you have to change the address in person only.
To assist you further in this aspect of address change in Nevada driver’s license you can continue reading this article as it clearly states complete process in a step by step way –
How to change address in Nevada driver’s license online?
- In order to modify address in driver’s license online you should go to the official website
- By clicking on – https://dmvapp.nv.gov/DMV/Common/Includes/DMVUnavailable.htm?MyDMV%20and%20Other%20Online%20Services – you can directly reach the official website
- Set up your account if you do not have any
- This step helps you in changing address online
- While you pay $ 4. 25 as charges for changing the address on a driver’s license in Nevada
- Department of Motor Vehicles State of Nevada shall mail you the corrected Nevada driver’s license
- This new license will have the new address as well
How to change address in driver’s license of Nevada in person?
- If you have opted for a modification of driver’s license then you can do it by going to the Department of Motor Vehicles, Nevada in person
- In case you are not sure of where exactly is this place then you do not worry as you can check Nevada DMV offices from the official website
- To find out local Nevada Department of Motor Vehicle office you click on – http://www.dmvnv.com/locat.htm
- After that you should submit an application for driving privileges which you can get from the official website
- In order to download this form you can click on – http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dmv002.pdf
- While you have to pay only $ 4. 25 to the authorities to get the driver’s license or ID card’s address changed
- It therefore becomes the responsibility of the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles to send the updated driver’s license but it can only happen after you have submitted all the documents
Steps for changing address in driver’s license of Nevada by mail or fax
- Third option for address change in driver’s license of Nevada is through mail or fax
- In order to utilize this service you must complete another form which is change of address notification by mail form
- You will be able to get this form from the official site of DMV Nevada – http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dmv22.pdf
- Along with the form you have to pay $ 4. 25 as the fee for driver’s license address change
- Another important aspect to be kept in mind is that you provide copy of the recent Leave as well as Earnings Statement
- But this Leave and Earnings Statement is only for those people who are military members and have been stationed out of the state
- As a matter of fact, this rule is applicable to the spouse as well as the dependents only when they are away from the state with you
The time taken for receiving Nevada’s driver’s license is 10 business days. Hence you would have to wait for this much time as it is only after that you receive the updated driver’s license or for that matter the ID card.
How to change name in Nevada driver’s license?
Like we have explained the process of changing address in your driver’s license; similarly there is a method for you to change name in your Nevada driver’s license. Here you must remember some of the most important things so that nothing is wrong at the end of the day.
To help you further in this matter you can continue reading this article as we have very clearly stated the steps to make cartain changes as per rules and regulations laid down by the authorities of Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles.
Important rules to remember
- While you think of changing name on your Nevada driver’s license it is necessary for you to understand some of the most important points that would affect you at the end
- And here we are talking about changing your name on the Social Security Administration Record
- In order to change the name, you must first mail some documents to the Social Security Administration (or the SSA) office
List of documents required for name change on Nevada driver’s license
- Whenever you wish to change your name on driver’s license due to a genuine reason, you should apply for the name change using an SS 5 form or the application for a security card form
- You can get this form by clicking on – https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf
- In the next step you attach your U S citizenship proof (but only when it is necessary)
- On the other hand you may attach proof of lawful presence in the U S in place of United States citizenship proof
- Apart from these documents it is very much important for you to attach the identity proof to the set of documents along with the application form (here valid identity cards include names like driver’s license or passport among others)
- Finally you have to attach the name change proof and this document is quite an important document because if this document is not submitted then it might be difficult to get the name change done
- In case you are not sure as to which documents would suit proof of name change then you may submit any of the following documents among other similar documents
- Here valid proof of name change documents are court order, marriage license or the divorce decree
Time taken to receive new updated Nevada driver’s license
After you have mailed the above stated documents to the authorities then it would not be a problem as authorities just have to verify all the documents sent to them by the applicant. If every single point is covered then Social Security Administration office shall mail you the new updated Social Security Card in 14 business days or so. This duration is calculated from the time you submitted the application.
Now that you are aware of the procedure of name change in your Social Security card, it becomes easier to change name in the driver’s license of Nevada. Keep reading this article to know more about how to change name in Nevada driver’s license.
How to change name in Nevada driver’s license
- One of the most important points to remember is that for changing name on a driver’s license of Nevada you must go in person to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicle office
- It is so because there is no rule stated till now that allows people to apply for change of name on driver’s license through mail or the online process
Therefore it is better that you read the following points as we have stated as to what you would require to change your name in the driver’s license.
Documents required to change name in Nevada driver’s license
- Current Nevada driver’s license
- Certified marriage certificate
- Court document
- Divorce decree
Fees to change name in Nevada driver’s license
You have to pay $ 8. 25 towards driver’s license name change payment fee. And you can pay this amount using cheque, debit card or money order. Other means of payment include cash and major credit cards. And when all formalities complete then you receive your Nevada driver’s license without any trouble.
Thus in this way you can apply for Nevada driver’s license but you remember to attach correct documents for driver’s license and pay required fee. For more information you may visit the official website of Department of Motor Vehicles, State of Nevada by clicking on following link – http://www.dmvnv.com/nvdl.htm.