There is no need for a renewal of driving license for the citizens of Singapore and the permanent residents happen since the introduction of the photo card license. The driving license is to those people who have a normal lifespan and submit their request to the traffic Police. If the person passes away, then the license is given back to the Traffic Police for cancellation.
A person who gains 12 points and is of 80 years above then he is subjected to terminate of the driving license and later it is going to accept as new drivers who are of 79 years above age. The person who is of 62 years and above will have the medical checkup and valid till they want to drive. Class 4, 5 bus and taxi driving license, annual medical checkup are done from the age of 70 years old and till he reaches to 80 and the upper age limit is of 81 years.
How to Renew Driver License
Foreigners those who hold Singapore driving license need to renew their license at the Traffic Police Department one month before the license expiry date that is indicated on the license.
- Require documents
- A matt/semi-matte finish passport-sized color photograph with white ground.
- A processing fee of $50(Cash card and Nets Only)
- Valid work permit/ employment pass or student pass or dependent pass, and/or other documents showing the candidates the date of the extended in Singapore.
Traffic Police Department
10 Ubi Avenue 3, Singapore 408865
Hotline: 1800 547 1818 / 6547 0000
Email Address: SPF_Feedback_TP@spf.gov.sg
Changing residential address for Singapore driving license
If you want to update any residential address is changed through Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) or any of the Neighborhood Police Posts or centers. Citizens of Singapore and PRs may apply for the replacement Singapore driving license through fax or email that is given in written form and submit the applications on their behalf at Traffic Police Department, No. 10 Ubi Ave 3, and Singapore 408865. The time processing will take place 5 business days from the date of the form applied for. People who want to know more about Newyork driver’s license click here
Documents are required
Documents are required are as follows:
- Photocopy of NRI that is placed front and back of the car
- The documentary should be used as evidence that he/ she is not in Singapore
- Proxy’s NRIC
- Recent passport size photograph, his or her name and NRIC no and are written in photography and the photograph must be:
- In color
- Passport size photo which is of 35mm size width and 45mm high without borders.