Driving license play a major role in everyone’s life, it is important and a valid identification proof for all the people. According to the DFT (Department for Transport), you can see around 36 million drivers on the road. Therefore, you can see that how busy the UK roads will be. If people who want to drive on UK roads have to know that it is secure to have the driving license, you should be aware if driving a car that has an MOT and should be careful about the insured on the vehicle that you are driving.
How to apply for the first UK driving license online
- It is very easy to be in contact with government services online. Applying for driving license through online is one of the best and easy ways when compared with offline.
- some of the steps to apply for driving license
- Candidates should visit the official website https://www.gov.uk/
- You will see the list of the vehicles and driver options. Candidates should click on Driving Licenses.
- Click on Apply for your first driving license.
- Once, finish the reading of the terms and conditions of the security of your data you should click on Next.
- Candidates should fill the applications form carefully by providing the relevant information.
- If you want to search your address you should type house name, number and postcode. DVLA will also ask you how long you have lived at your current address.
- If you have cleared this section than you should fill the security details that help in confirming your identity.
- Once you have finished you should move to next and you will be taken to the National Insurance section of your application.
- Photo identification and signature are the last part of the section. DVLA is going to issue photo card licenses you may send it through DVLA through postal application or you can choose DVLA to retrieve your passport photo and signature from Their Majesty’s Passport Office.
- They should choose a passport that should contain 8-12 characters and should contain letters and numbers.
- Candidates should confirm their UK residency status by selecting Yes or No to other questions.
How to get for your first UK provisional driving license
Even though UK is the best transportation system ranked as one of the best in the world, so if you are interested to get a UK driving license. Here are some of the points how to apply for the first provisional driving license for a moped, motorbike and car form DVLA online. To get you’re first provisional driving card. IF you want to know more Pennsylvania Driver’s License click on https://www.drivers-license-online.com/pennsylvania-drivers-license-pennsylvania-drivers-license-fees-age-requirement-renew-locations
In most of the cases, you need to obtain a provisional license is the first and build from there. You will receive the driving license only when by submitting by all the documents and by completing several tests.
- In order to receive a professional license, you should follow some of the rules those are
- Candidates should be at least 15 years and 9months old.
- He should be in such a position to read the number plate, away from at least 20 meters.
- People who are holding UK biometric passport will provide 9 digit passport numbers with their application.
- It will cost around £43 to apply for the provisional driving license from the website of https://www.gov.uk/
- If you want to complete the total application process then you should carry a valid UK passport or some other proofs like National Insurance number and the address where you leave for last 3 years.
Minimum age requirement for a driving license in the UK
For the car:
Candidates must and should be of age 17, then they will receive the provisional license and they can start learning to drive a car.
For mopeds, the children should be of 16 years and when it comes to motorcycles, it will be controlled on the power of the bike, the candidates may be of 17 to 21 years. People can apply for a provisional license to ride a moped when you are of 16 years and you should take a compulsory a basic training (CBT) and can take a moped test within 2 years.
Candidates need to have a car license and should be at least 18 years and those who can apply for the provisional entitlement to drive medium-sized vehicles.
Candidates have a full car license to apply for provisional entitlement to drive a minibus.
People should have a full car driving license before they can apply for provisional bus entitlement (category D) and take a Category D test.
- You can drive a tractor until you are of 16 years.
- You are eligible to drive category G, H or K vehicles until you are of 16 years
- Candidates can apply for provisional quad bike entitlement and take a test when you are of 17 years.
- People who are interested in category A1 motorbike license to ride the motor tricycle up to power output 15kW and a category A motorbike license to ride trikes with a power output of more than 15kW.
How to change the address on your driving license
If you want to change the address of the UK driving license then you should follow them if you want to change your address you can be fined up to £1,000, if you don’t tell DVLA when your address changes. Here are some of the proofs needed while changing the address on your driving license.
Government Gateway ID, if you don’t have one then you will get an ID as part of your application.
- Your driving license
- To be a resident of Great Britain there is a different process followed in Northern Ireland.
- To give the proper addresses you have lived in the last 3 years.
- Candidates should take care that he should not be banned from driving.
- You can provide the driving license number, National Insurance number and Passport number if you are aware of that.
How to renew your UK Driving license
If you want to renew your driving license then you must update the photo card every ten years. The DVLA will send you a reminder before your current driving license expires. If you have sent the valid applications and have not been unqualified from driving for any reason, you can continue to drive until you receive your new license.
What are the things required to renew driving license online
Here are some of the things that renew online those are
- A valid UK passport is required.
- The person should be a resident of a Great Britain.
- Address of where you have lived over the last 3 years.
- You should mention about your current driving license if you do not have then you should mention why in your application.
- Your National Insurance number
Duplicate Driving license
- You can get a replacement provisional or full driving license online with DVLA if your card is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- You have to contact police if you’re driving licence is stolen. Here are some of the ways to replace a stolen driving licence. To replace your stolen license you need to have:
- Candidate should be of Great Britain.
- He or she should not be disqualified from driving for any other reasons.
- You should pay £20 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card.
- Candidates should provide addresses where you have been lived for past 3 years.
What to do if you find the lost licence
You should return the old licence to DVLA by explaining what happened if you find it after applying or receiving a replacement you need to send the old license to DVLA Swansea SA991AB. However, DVLA will send a confirmation email to your mail id once you have applied.